Meditation is considered the most important of all the yoga techniques and is an invaluable tool for emotional balance and peace of mind. This course provides instruction in the basic meditation techniques and theory for starting a personal meditation practice.
- Why meditate?
- How to start a meditation practice.
- Sitting positions, conscious breathing and mental relaxation.
- Developing concentration.
- Mantras – tools for meditation.
A five-session course, meeting once per week for five weeks.
No Events on The List at This Time
OTHER COURSE INFORMATION
Recommended Textbook: Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda. (Available at the Boutique)
- It is recommended not to eat one hour before class.
- We provide meditation cushions for the class. (You are welcome to bring your own if you wish though.)
- Wear comfortable clothing suitable for long periods of sitting.