Supporting Yoga in Toronto Communities
Swami Vishnudevananda’s mission was to spread peace around the world. We are working to integrate Yoga into Toronto communities so that everyone has access to the teachings and tools that promote both inner and outer peace.
In addition to raising funds for both local and international causes, we have developed teaching partnerships with numerous community organizations and the Toronto District School Board, allowing us to reach a diverse group of students and increase access.
We believe that with your support, we will be able to not only continue with this mission but to expand and reach every member of our community.
If you are interested in collaborating or supporting any of these programs please contact us directly at: [email protected]
Yoga for Fundraising Efforts
We have raised funds for the following projects and organizations:
- Doctors Without Borders (Project Syria)
- Shanti Girls Gurukulam at Trissur, India founded by Swami Tattwarupananda
- Christmas drive for Christie Refugee Center
- Swami Sivananda Rural Hospital, Kadavur, Madurai organized by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Meenakshi Ashram, Madurai and Dr. V.
- Birchmount Residence – shelter for homeless senior men
If you are interested in donating or conducting a fundraiser in partnership with us please contact us directly at: [email protected]
Yoga for Community Outreach Programs
We have conducted tailored yoga and meditation programs at the following sites:
- Toronto East General Hospital (Outpatient Youth Anxiety Clinic)
- Sketch – community arts organization for street-involved and homeless youth
- Robertson House – shelter for homeless mothers with children
- Hincks-Dellcrest Centre – residential youth mental health center
- Kennedy House Youth Center- youth secure custody facility
- Birchmount Residence– shelter for homeless senior men
If you are interested in conducting research on any of our programs or have a partnership opportunity please contact us directly at: [email protected]