May 5 - June 2 (Wednesdays), 8:00 - 9:00 pm, $65 Meditation is an invaluable tool for keeping the mind peaceful and focused. In this course Ken Whiteley will guide us
May 5 – June 2 (Wednesdays), 8:00 – 9:00 pm, $65
Meditation is an invaluable tool for keeping the mind peaceful and focused. In this course Ken Whiteley will guide us in all the steps necessary for successful meditation practice. Special focus will be placed on mantras, the sacred sounds used to tune the mind to higher vibrations. Each class will include theory that will cover meditation methods and background philosophy, as well as the opportunity to engage in the actual meditation practice.
Topics covered include:
- What is meditation and what are the benefits?
- How to start a meditation practice: The three fundamentals.
- Meditation for beginners and tips for those who are returning practitioners
- Mechanics of the mind: How the mind works and how meditation helps
- Mantras as tools for meditation
Please find a quiet place where you can take the course so you can enjoy the effects of the practice.