Fridays 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Sundays 1:00 – 3:30 pm, November 6 – 29
Offered online via Zoom. Open to all.
This course is designed to give the student a sound understanding of the Ayurvedic nutrition and food combinations that empower health and digestion. Students will learn how to plan well balanced, nutritious vegetarian meals made from grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, seeds, dairy products, fat, spices and herbs, based on Ayurvedic principles.
Ayurveda, a traditional holistic, natural healing science of health from India, has been practiced for over 5,000 years and teaches us how to live a healthy, balanced life. Ayurveda emphasizes diet as the most essential part of a healthy life. This course is open to everyone, including: yoga teachers, yoga practitioners, those who want to become healthy vegetarians and would like to learn about balanced food according to the principles of Ayurveda.
- Learn a balanced diet based on Ayurvedic principles.
- The twelve Ayurvedic food groups.
- Sources and balance of the six tastes (shad rasa).
- Food combinations using Ayurvedic principles.
- Understanding of vegetarian proteins for the maintenance of essential protein in diet.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs and spices to enhance and regulate digestion.
- Importance of the concepts of Agni and Ama.
- Concept of fasting (upvasa).
- Planning well balanced, nutritious meals.