The goal of this course is to give students a profound understanding of Ayurvedic nutrition and food combinations that will empower health and proper digestion.
The 28hrs Ayurvedic Nutrition and Cooking Course includes theory as well as practical cooking sessions.
- Ayurvedic principles of a balanced diet
- The twelve Ayurvedic food groups
- Balancing the six tastes (shad rasa)
- Proper food combinations using Ayurvedic principles
- Understanding vegetarian proteins for proper nutrition
- Using Ayurvedic herbs and spices to enhance and regulate digestion
- Concepts of Agni and Ama – in-depth
- Guidelines for planning well balanced, nutritious meals.
Cooking workshops overview:
- Tri-Doshic menus for all body types
- Cooking using healing herbs and spices
- Proper food combinations to enhance digestion
- Preparing nutritious sweets
- Preparing healthy hot and cold drink
The course will run from May 26 to June 23 (once a week, every Wednesdays)
There will be a meet and greet with your teachers and fellow students on the first morning and a graduation ceremony after the last lecture, on the 23th.
To enjoy fully this unique, transforming personal experience it is important to attend all sessions. It is also recommended to follow a lifestyle that is conducive to the course, for example by going to bed early, having simple food and engaging in calming activities.
- 8:00 – 9:30 am: Yoga Class
- 1:00 – 5:00 pm: Ayurvedic lecture or practical session
*The Yoga Classes are given by the instructors from the Toronto Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre and are suitable for beginners.
*All the sessions are given online via Zoom.
Study with Canada’s foremost authority on Ayurveda.
Dr. Sonal Bhatt M.D. (Ayurveda) is a highly qualified Ayurvedic physician and Panchakarma specialist from one of the leading Ayurvedic universities in India, Jamnagar Ayurvedic University. She is a Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant from CSNN Toronto. She has been practicing as an Ayurvedic consultant, Panchkarma specialist, teacher and researcher in India, Canada and North America for over 30 years. She is currently practicing and teaching Ayurveda and offering holistic health services in Toronto.