This course gives yoga teachers guidelines for teaching yoga to children and teens, as well as practical tools they can use to adapt yoga practices to their needs. The course
This course gives yoga teachers guidelines for teaching yoga to children and teens, as well as practical tools they can use to adapt yoga practices to their needs. The course is based on the teachings of Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Organization and Swami Vishnu-devananda’s 5 Basic Points of Yoga.
In this three-day intensive course, we will cover:
- Teaching methodology;
- Age-appropriate teaching techniques (adapted asanas, pranayama, relaxation and visualizations, yoga-based games);
- Developing lesson plans according to the developmental and socio-emotional needs of children and teens;
- Activities that teach children and teens yoga precepts and mindful living.
Open to yoga teachers of all traditions.
Continuing education certificate of completion with Yoga Alliance.
Weekend of November 22 – 24
- Friday November 22nd – 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday November 23rd – 12:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday November 24th – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
About the Teacher: Saraswati is a long-time staff of the Sivananda organization and currently director of the SYVC in Toronto. She has been serving as a director of the Kids’ Yoga Camps in Canada and Thailand for many years. She has also developed a Teen Karma Yoga Programme as well as school and community-based programs. Saraswati is also a certified Child and Youth Counsellor and has worked enthusiastically with individuals and groups on social issues such as anger management, conflict resolution, mental health, and substance abuse.
Friday – Sunday
Friday 22nd 6:00 – 8:00 pm // Saturday 23rd 12:30 – 4:30 pm // Sunday 24th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
$280 members | $350 non-members