7 days course: Nov. 23 – 26 and Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, $1150
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (with lunch break)
Offered online via Zoom. Open to all.
This course is designed to provide students with a profound foundational understanding of Ayurveda theoretically and practically, in order to develop their own healthy life style and be able to counsel others. Students will design balanced Ayurvedic health programs with tools that include daily health regimens, diet therapy, nutrition and herbal remedies. Students will further learn how to apply Ayurveda therapeutically within a yogic life style.
The course builds on previous occasions when students performed successfully as Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counsellors. It is possible for all to assess Ayurvedic constitutional types to help family, friends and others to progress towards balance by using Ayurvedic health regimes and lifestyle suggestions.
The course is open to everyone who is searching for a deeper understanding of Ayurveda and Yoga wellness, as well as those who are involved in other healing arts and would like to share Ayurvedic principles with others to empower health and fitness.
- Introduction to the fundamental principles of Ayurveda: the Five basic elements theory, Tridosha theory, and Sankhya philosophy
- Determine your own body type based on Tridosha theory
- Concept of seven tissues (Dhatu)
- Concept of channels (Srotas)
- Concept of Ama and Agni
- Overview on Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- Guidance on how to pursue Ayurvedic preventive methods such as daily Dincharya
- Overview on common herbs used in Ayurveda
- Information on the use of common Ayurvedic herbs and spices
- Overview of diseases causes and manifestations
- Overview on Panchkarma and self oil massage (Abhyanga)