How to reach Chiang Rai:
Chiang Rai International Airport (CEI) is located on Phaholyotin Road, 8 kilometers from downtown Chiang Rai. Car rental is available on arrival. The airport is served by AirAsia and Thai Airways from Bangkok (flight time is about 1 hour and 30 minutes) and SGA Airlines from Chiang Mai.
Chiang Rai is about 820 km north of Bangkok and is easily accessible from Bangkok via highways # 1 / # 32 and from Chiang Mai on highway # 118.
There is scheduled boat service between Chiang Rai and Thaton in Chiang Mai province daily.
The nearest train station is in Chiang Mai.
There are two bus stations in Chiang Rai. The old bus station and new bus station – A minibus service runs between the two. It costs 10 baht and takes 15 minutes.
- Old Bus Station is located in the centre of town. Buses coming from Chiang Rai province stop here.
Chiang Khong, on the Laos border. Buses leave every hour or so and have the destination clearly marked. The journey takes two and a half hours and costs 70 baht on local bus.
- New Bus Station, (7 km south of the city, opposite Big C and just off the super highway). Buses from elsewhere in Thailand stop here.
Chiang Mai – There are three types of bus: First Class A/C, Second Class A/C and VIP. A/C (First and Second) – stops one time for 15 Minutes. Takes about 4 hours. Costs 169 baht. VIP – takes 3 hours, operated by Greenbus depart Chiang Mai’s on a regular basis.
How to get to the resort:
For driving direction to the resort, see below:
45 minutes drive from Chiang Rai City airport
- Head east on Prachaasanti Rd towards Sanambin Rd 0.4 km
- Turn left at Phaholyothin Rd 0.2 km.
- Take the 1st right on to 18 Mithuna Rd 39 m
- Take the 1st right to stay on 18 Mithuna Rd 0.2 km
- Turn left to stay on 18 Mithuna Rd 81 m
- Turn right to stay on 18 Mithuna Rd 0.2 km
- Turn left at Phahon Yothin 0.2 km
- Turn right at Route 1/Phahon Yothin 12 m
- Turn left to stay on Route 1/Phahon Yothin 32.4 km
- Turn left at Route 1130 7.3 km. Turn right 1.2 km
- Take the 1st left 56 m
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa will be on the left